The study was developed for the Hammerer Aluminium Industries’ HAI Extrusion SRL facility, located in Romania, Arad county, Sântana town, which wanted to obtain the certification according to the specific requirements of Industry Standards – Aluminium Stewardship Initiative (ASI Performance standard, vs.2/2017). In 2021 the study was also conducted for the facility in Arad county, Chișineu-Criș town.
The main deliverables of the project were the Biodiversity Study and the Biodiversity Action Plan. The main steps of the project were:
- Biodiversity Assessment
- Identification of local biodiversity
- Background studies (desktop research, review of documentation, legislation and literature)
- Site assessment and fieldwork (performed by a certified biologist – external collaborator)
- Assessment and monitoring of local biodiversity and potential adverse risks from HAI operations
- Biodiversity management (establish a proper management plan against the occurrence of a negative impact)
- Alien Species identification
- Elaboration of Action Plan
Certification according to the Aluminium Stewardship Initiative
(ASI Performance standard, vs.2/2017).