Carbon Footprinting & LCA
denkstatt specializes in environmental assessments, from footprinting to service and product-specific life cycle assessments. We calculate and help you understand your carbon, water or environmental footprint. No matter what you´re looking for, whether it is a corporate assessment to communicate with your shareholders, or a product specific assessment to gain a competitive advantage, you can trust our experts to deliver your needs.
• Reduce costs • Comply with existing and upcoming regulations • Increase revenue • Gain a competitive advantage • Improve your company’s image • Attract top talent as a future-oriented employer
- For ARA, we developed a customized tool and apply it periodically to calculate the CO2 savings from its collection and recycling activities.
- We helped ALPLA understand and quantify the environmental benefits of its recycling activities and provided them with a customized tool.
- For the Global Silicones Council we completed a study on the PCF of silicones, siloxanes and silane products, helping them communicate the abatement benefits resulting from the use of silicone and silane products over alternative products.
- For edana, the international association serving the nonwovens and related industries, denkstatt calculated the environmental, social and economic benefits of fleece products, the results of which were extensively used in communication.
- We helped DSM with its leadership campaign for food additives by calculating the environmental, social and economic benefits of their products.
- We supported Barry Callebaut by calculating the Environmental Footprint of chocolate, using synergies to complement the Product Carbon Footprint calculation with a Corporate Carbon Footprint for reporting.
- We helped UHU attain the Austrian Ecolabel ‘Österreichische Umweltzeichen’ and calculated the PCF of their ReNature line, which they used extensively in marketing.
- We enabled willhaben (an internet sales portal) to communicate the environmental benefit of the second hand products traded through its site.
- We helped The Coca-Cola Company assess its water sustainability and optimize its global water efficiency.
- We supported OMV in drawing up its water policy and developing a water strategy, looking at water-related risks and opportunities, supporting data management and deriving relevant KPIs.
- We have assessed the potential environmental impacts from gypsum fibre boards production at the Knauf Bulgaria plant. The results of the LCA assessment are used for external communication to both consumers and business through the elaboration of an Environmental product declaration (EPD), following the requirements of ISO 14025 and EN 15804.
- For ETEM Bulgaria we elaborated an Environmental product declaration (EPD) of aluminum profiles, which was published by The International EPD System. The process EPD elaboration process includes: life-cycle assessment (LCA) following the requirements of ISO 14040 and ISO 14044, EPD and background report elaboration and organization of the registration and verification process.
ARA Global Silicones Council edana DSM
Barry Callebaut UHU Willhaben The Coca-Cola Company
OMV Borealis Greiner Group BKS Bank
Sergiu Vasilie – International Service Lead
Johannes Strobl – Service Lead, Austria
Peter Seizov – Service Lead, Bulgaria
Julia Urbauer – Service Lead, Germany
Monika Budiaková – Slovakia
András Klopfer – Service Lead, Hungary