Decarbonisation & Business Strategies
The decarbonisation of the economy has started to be driven by investors recently. And in doing so they are looking at both sides of their investment targets’ business plans:
First they want to reduce their risk of being invested in businesses which are outdated from a market perspective, which are working against the worldwide political mainstream and against the demands that are created by society. Second they want to be engaged in those businesses which show upside potential by employing new technologies, by serving societal needs and by providing services which are requested by future-oriented markets.
Unquestionably there are numerous other important drivers influencing business models, such as digitalisation, robotics, and demographic change. What we can learn in these times is: if you fail to adapt your business to market needs in time, you won’t be part of the game any longer.
This is where sustainability hot spots come in. They show very early on the development of society’s needs and exhibit a perfect trigger for the invention of new business strategies. Decarbonisation is one of these crucial game changers.
In short: get active otherwise you might not stay around for long.
- Being attractive for investors
- Possessing a business model which is fit for the future
- Outcompeting your peers by being faster in serving new market needs
- Managing your role as a responsible part of society
- One-stop-shop for refurbishment instead of selling insulation material
- Due diligence assessment phase I and II performed for textile, automotive and heavy industries in the western and southern regions of Romania as a request for new investments and acquisition evaluation
- Feasibility study carried out for the composting site of Timisoara Municipality
- Technical energy efficiency study for a pastry industry site in the western part of Romania as part of an evaluation during the acquisition phase
- Technical energy efficiency study carried out for a fashion store chain in Romania as a result of new energy regulations