Organisations today face mounting expectations on their wider role in society. The public sector is not only no exception; these expectations are compounded here by its intrinsic civic responsibility for the proper management of public goods and use of public money.
At the international level, mounting global challenges increasingly necessitate cross-border cooperation to ensure effective policy. This context of globalisation puts additional pressure on national governments, and in today’s data-driven and interconnected world, public decisions must satisfy increasing demands for transparency and need to be made on a sound evidence base. Finally, today’s sustainability agenda emphasises the role of local government as exemplars and drivers of sustainable development, requiring forward-looking solutions to address the novel problems of today.
However, as the manager for public goods, the public sector is often saddled with the givens of the past in terms of administration, skills and infrastructure, which may necessitate not only incremental, but transformative actions. The involvement of stakeholders and public-private partnerships is increasingly recognised as an instrument for this, working toward delivering tailor-made solutions for social improvement.
- Capacity building, programmatic development and communication in the field of environmental taxation and budgetary reform (European Commission)
- Linking biodiversity to national economic and social priorities in the EU Member States (European Commission)
- Bulgarian National GHG inventory on the sectors of energy, transport and F-gases and preparation of the national inventory report (Bulgarian Executive Environmental Agency)
- Ex-ante assessment of the Bulgarian Operational Programme Environment 2014-2020 (Ministry of Environment and Water)
- Climate adaptation strategy for Sofia Capital Municipality in accordance with the Compact of Mayors
- Environmental development project for industries in the city for more than 250 enterprises within 14 years (City of Vienna)
Ministry of Environment and Water of Bulgaria
Ministry of Environment and Climate Change of Romania
Bulgarian Executive Environment Agency
Sofia Capital Municipality (Bulgaria)
National Revenue Agency of Bulgaria
City of Vienna, Dept. of the Environment
City of Vienna, Dept. of City Planning
City of Vienna, Dept. of IT
City of Vienna, Dept. of Waste Management