Transportation & Logistics
The transportation and logistics sector is very fragmented and has different main issues depending on which business model the specific organisation is in:
• Carrier (land-based transport, inland waterways, sea transport, air transport)
• Freight forwarder
• Production and/or retail company with intra-logistics installations
• Public transport
At least for carriers and freight forwarding companies it’s a fast and highly competitive business with relatively easy access for customers to specific carrier platforms which enable the comparison of rates and prices. Intra-logistics solutions require some major investments, e.g. in automated or semi-automated high rack warehouses.
Challenging major trends are issues like the last mile solution in urban logistics, the pressure to reduce carbon emissions, same day delivery and data provision on environmental indicators as well as optimising time-distance relationships in every transportation process (in-house, delivery, intercontinental).
In terms of transport’s decarbonisation, public transport systems are playing an increasingly important role. An intelligent and appropriate link between individual means of transport, goods transport and public transport is needed in future.
What we offer
- Implementation of environmental management systems according to ISO 14.001
- Sustainability Reports
- Energy efficiency audits
- Improvement the environmental impact of transportation
- Optimising logistics in terms of service level, costs and the environment
- First implementation of an environmental management system according to ISO 14.001 in Austria – Kühne+Nagel
- First sustainability report according to GRI standards in Austria – cargo-partner
- Strategic advisor to the Austrian Freight Forwarders´ Association for over more than 10 years
- Ongoing programme for implementing sustainable urban logistics in the greater Vienna region
- Energy efficiency transport audits for Gebrüder Weiß, Austrian Airlines, Vienna International Airport, Roche, Österreichische Bundesforste AG (Austrian Federal Forestries)
- Smart Airport City Development programme for Vienna International Airport
Austrian Freight Forwarders´ Association
Commercial Chamber of Vienna
REWE International Lager- & Transportgesellschaft m.b.H.
Bombardier Transportation Austria GmbH
Lufthansa Group Austria (Austrian Airlines)
Wiener Linien GmbH & Co KG
Wiener Lokalbahnen Verkehrsdienste GmbH
Commercial Chamber of Lower Austria
Christian Plas – Austria
Ferdinand Koch – Austria