To prepare for the impact of the climate crisis, the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) provides an internationally recognized framework to enhance corporate resilience. The client therefore sought to apply the TCFD framework to gain a strategic advantage in the climate crisis and to strengthen its positioning as a promising investment with investors.
Our denkstatt experts provided support in various steps:
- Creation of a risk and opportunity inventory
- Creation of a risk heat map with the most important opportunities and risks
- For a risk or opportunity hotspot: modeling the probabilities of economic impacts for two climate scenarios
- Financial assessment of impacts
- Derivation of measures for climate-related opportunities and risks
The individual project steps were carried out successfully. The systematic identification of risks and opportunities as well as the financial evaluation serves the client in many ways.